Medline Drainage Bag
View more products by medline
Our Subscription Service takes the worry out of ordering your daily essentials. Enjoy the peace of mind that your supplies will be there when you need them.
Just click on the subscribe and deliver option and select your subscription intervals on the products you need. C6 will email you an invoice on the same day your subscription renews. Simply click to complete the order - we’ll ship it out right away, hassle-free.
If you don’t need a product, follow the cancellation link in your email notification. You can always reactivate your subscription if you wish to do so. You are in control of your orders. We will NOT automatically charge your credit card.
- Save 5% on any subscription order.
- Skip your order whenever you want. You are in control.
- Enjoy peace of mind that your products will be arriving regularly.
We accept various payment methods
Drainage bags come with a reinforced hanger with built-in anti-kink drain tube guide. 50" of 11/32" STAR tubing facilitates drainage of thick, fibrous urine while resisting kinking. Adjustable bed sheet clamp secures tubing and needless sample port that is accessible with either a blunt cannula or needle.
- 2000mL or 4000mL capacity
- Anti-Reflux Tower, drainage port with metal clamp
- Packaged O.R sterile in Tyvek peel pouch
Additional Details Everything you need to know about this product.
How Catheters are Measured
Medline Urinary Drainage Bag With Anti-Reflux Tower is designed to provide reflux protection without mechanical parts to hinder flow. Urinary Drainage Bag contains a needleless sample port accessible with either a blunt cannula or luer lock syringe.
Benefits of Medline Urinary Drain Bag
- Minimizes backflow
- Increases patient safety
- Includes reinforced hanger with built-in anti-kink drain tube guide and adjustable bed sheet clam
Medline Urinary Bag Features
- Clear one way mylar valve for visualization of urine flow
- Anti-reflux valve flap system minimizes the backflow of urine into the drainage tube
- Non-wettable air filter helps prevent vacuum action and facilitate drainage
- Comes with metal clamp or slide-tap drainage port for easy one-handed drainage
- 2,000 mL capacity for standard use and 4,000 mL capacity for use with continuous bladder irrigation
Specifications Technical information about the product here.
How to use Medline Drainage Bag?
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Thereafter remove the protective cap from the Medline Drainage Bag and check the drainage spout to make sure it is closed
- Using an alcohol-saturated pad or material, clean the connector end of the tubing and the catheter end. Attach the catheter to the drain bag tubing connector
- Discard any packaging, alcohol pads, etc.
- Wash hands again with soap and water
How to empty the Urinary Drainage Bag?
Empty your bag frequently, not allowing it to become more than approximately half full. Remember, as it fills up, it gets heavier and may tug on the catheter or become difficult to manage.
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Keep the Drainage Bag below your bladder as you empty it
- Hold the bag over the toilet or container. Open the drainage spout and empty the urine from the bag
- Do not let the bag touch the rim of the toilet or container. With an alcohol-saturated pad or material, clean the drainage spout and close it tightly.
- Wash your hands with soap and water
How to clean Medline Drain Bag?
Mix Cleaning Solution: Either 2 parts white vinegar and 3 parts water or 1 tablespoon chlorine bleach and 1/2 cup water.
- Empty the bag of urine, and then close the drainage spout
- Place tubing under the faucet, putting warm water into the bag
- Swish it around for 10 seconds, and then empty it through the drainage spout. Close the spout
- Pour cleaning solution into the bag. Put the protective cap on the connector
- Swish solution around for 30 seconds, and then let it sit in the bag for 20 minutes. Empty through the drainage spout.
- Keep spout open and pointed down. Hang the bag to dry until switching bags again
- Remember to close the spout when attaching it to the catheter
Note: The drainage bag, when switched daily, should last for approximately one month. Discard and replace bags earlier if they become discolored, brittle or if they smell even after cleaning.